Three years ago, I had the courage to say 'Yes' to a business opportunity that found me in times of change. I was looking for a side hustle to earn a second income alongside my copywriting business while going through a challenging time in my private life.
That's when Arbonne found me.
I had been a product user for a couple of years and had no idea that there was an income opportunity attached to my account.
However, I was open to listen when my friend introduced the business opportunity to me.
What intrigued me were two things:
- The global opportunity and being able to build an online business in 6 countries.
- Time freedom. I love variety and the fact that I can work my Arbonne business around my copywriting work, my two teenage sons, and my greatest passion, ballroom dancing.
So, I listened to my gut feeling and jumped in with both feet. And I have never looked back!
What's super exciting is that Arbonne has become a Certified BCorporation early 2020.
What is a Certified BCorporation?
And, more importantly, what does it mean for the consumers out there who make daily decisions about what brands to support?
Here are 5 facts every consumer should know about BCorps:
1. B stands for Benefit. BCorporations, BCorps for short, are companies dedicated to using business as a force for good by balancing profit and purpose. The BCorp movement was founded in 2007. BCorps adhere to the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to all of their stakeholders. There are more than 3,000 Certified BCorporations in over 70 countries across 150 industries. BCorps are accelerating a global culture shift to redefine success in business and build a more inclusive and sustainable economy.
Arbonne belongs to the Top 25 largest companies worldwide and to the Top 5 in the personal care segment with the BCorp certification.
2. BCorps use the power of business to solve our most pressing global challenges.
Unlike traditional corporations, BCorps are legally required to consider the impact of their decisions on all stakeholders: customers, workers, communities, and the environment.
With every purchase, you can choose to support our strategic charity partner in Australia, Batyr, to help support youth communities.
3. Your choice to support a BCorporation makes a difference to the environment because
- BCorps outperform ordinary businesses by 15% on natural resources conservation.
- BCorps are 70% more likely to reduce the volume or toxicity of waste generated through material selection, production process, or product design than ordinary businesses.
- 98% of BCorps in manufacturing have incorporated energy-efficiency measures within their facilities.
- BCorps are 2.8 times more likely to use100% low-impact renewable energy than ordinary businesses.
Sustainability is one of Arbonne's core values, and the company has committed to reducing plastic by 50% by 2025 and going zero waste by 2030. With the purchase of a single product, you can make a big difference.
4. Supporting a BCorp means supporting equity and diversity.
BCorps are 9% more diverse and 45% more likely to have diversity and inclusion training concerning people of colour than ordinary businesses. BCorps are 48% more likely to have LGBTQ-inclusion trainings.
5. BCorps are big on employee welfare.
BCorps are 27% more likely to pay 100% of their hourly workers a living wage and 43% more likely to pay the majority of employee health insurance. They also encourage flexible working hours and schedules.
As a proud Arbonne brand ambassador, I love being part of the BCorp movement and being able to give back to people and the planet. Not to mention that my health and overall wellbeing has improved significantly since I started using our certified vegan and clean products.
And I know from conversations that more and more people want to work for, buy from, and invest in businesses they believe in. Choosing a Certified BCorporation equals choosing to do good for people and the planet. Your daily choices to support BCorps will make a big impact.
What small daily choices can you make today to make a big difference in the world? Check out the directory of Australian BCorps.
Interested in switching to a healthy brand for your daily personal care, skincare, and nutrition needs and becoming part of the BCorp movement?
Contact me to learn more.